Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Amazon changes review policies

Amazon changes the review system

Holy cow what a whirlwind change. You can almost hear the audible hush in the reviewer community as we wait out what may be the demise of something that has become a rather fun and fruitful hobby for us. Most of us, the ones of us that understand the sacrifices of the sellers, understand with a deep pain that the seller will be the one that takes the biggest risk and has the most to lose under the new Amazon rules. 

If you aren't familiar with the hammer that has recently been slammed down by Amazon, in essence, there will be no more reviews allowed that were in exchange for a free or discounted product. And all the reviews we left previously are also getting the ax. Imagine the repercussions to those sellers that had received honest feedback about their product and how much that might have helped. Now imagine those reviews simply gone.

Reviewers can still leave reviews for their purchases, but right now a lot of reviewers are afraid to even make a move as are a lot of sellers. Nobody wants their Amazon privileges jeopardized. 

So here's where I am at with this whole upheaval. I may not be required to comment on a product any longer and I may not be allowed to be honest with buyers that I received the item discounted or free, but I feel like there are still ways to positively impact the experience on the reviewer and seller side. I am pledging that my blog will continue to grow and I will link to the seller's product and say how awesome something was. And in return, it is my hope that sellers will trust product testers to take good care of their products and help them grow their business.

Word of mouth is powerful. This is why the review system works to begin with. Maybe Amazon is doing the right thing for their business by re-establishing the integrity of the review system because of those that abused it. I'm ok with that. I would rather know the truth too. I run my blog with integrity too. You can trust that what you read here is what is true. I will no longer be including the italicized disclaimer about receiving products at a discount because what I paid for an item is not relevant to my opinion of the product. Never has been. Never will.


If you would like to entrust me with testing your product, feel free to reach out to me at idladytiger@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment